…As Ukraine opens new railway tunnel to boost connections with EU***
The National Universities Commission (NUC) has released the list of fifty eight (58) unaccredited (illegal) universities in Nigeria.
The Executive Secretary of NUC announced the unaccredited institution via a bulletin dated, Monday May 14th, and obtained by huhuonline.com.
According to him, the universities are not licensed by the federal government and have been closed down for violating the national minimum standard for education.
“For the avoidance of doubt, anybody who patronises or obtains any certificate from any of these illegal institutions does so at his or her own risk,” NUC said.
NUC said, certificates obtained from these instituions will not be recognised for the purposes of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), employment and further studies.
According to NUC,the universities are:
- University of Accountancy and Management Studies, operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Christians of Charity American University of Science and Technology, Nkpor, Anambra State or any of its other campuses
- University of Industry, Yaba, Lagos or any of its other campuses
- University of Applied Sciences and Management, Port Novo, Republic of Benin or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Blacksmith University, Akwa or any of its other campuses
- Volta University College, HO, Volta Region, Ghana or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Royal University, Izhia, PO BOX 800, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State or any of its other campuses
- Atlanta University, Anyigba, Kogi state or any of its other campuses
- United Christian University, Macotis campus, Imo State or any of its other campuses
- United Nigeria University College, Okija Anambra State or any of its other campuses.
- Samuel Ahmadu University, Makurdi, Benue State or any of its other campuses
- UNESCO University, Ndoni, Rivers State or any of its other campuses
- Saint Augustine’s University of Technology, Jos, Pleateu State or any of its other campuses
- The International University, Missouri USA, Kano and Lagos studies centres or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Collumbus University, UK, operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Tiu International University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Pebbles University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria
- London External Studies, UK, operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Pilgrims University operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Lobi Business School, Makurdi, Benue State or any of its campuses in Nigeria
- West African Christian University operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Bolta University College, Aba or any of its campuses in Nigeria
- JBC Seminary Inc. (Wukari Jubilee University) Kaduna illegal campus
- Western University, Esie Kwara State or any of its campuses in Nigeria
- St. Andrews University College, Abuja or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- EC-Council USA, Ikeja Lagos Study Centre27. Atlas University, Ikot Udoso Uko, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Concept College/Universities (London) Ilorin or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Halifax Gateway University, Ikeja or any of its campuses in Nigeria
- Kingdom of Christ University, Abuja or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Acada University, Akinlalu Oyo state or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Filfom University, Mbaise, Imo State or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Houdegbe North American University campuses in Nigeria
- Atlantic Intercontinental University, Okija Anambra State
- Open International University, Akure
- Middle Belt University (North Central University) Otukpo
- Lead Way University, Ugheli, Delta State
- Metro University, Dutse/Bwari Abuja
- Southend University, Ngwuro Egeru (Afam) Ndoki, Rivers State
- Olympic University, Nsukka, Enugu State
- Federal College of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Abuja
- Temple University, Abuja
- Irish University Business School, London, operating anywhere in Nigeria
- National University of Technology, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- University of Accountancy and Management Studies, Mowe, Lagos – Ibadan Expressway and its annex at 41, Ikorodu road, Lagos.
- University of Education, Wenneba Ghana operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Cape Coast University, Ghana operating in Nigeria
- African University Cooperative Development (AUCD) Cotonou, Benin Republic operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Pacific Western University, Denver Colorado, Oweri study centre
- Evangel University of America and Chudick Management Academic, Lagos
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology (Gboko campus)
- Career Light Resources Centre, Jos
- University of West Africa, Kwali Abuja, FCT
- Coastal University, Iba Oku, Akwa Ibom State
- Kaduna Business School, Kaduna
- Royal University of Theology, Minna, Niger State
- West African Union University, in collaboration with International Professional College of Administration, Science and Technology, Nigeria operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Gospel Missionary Foundation (GMF), Theological University, 165 Isolo road, Cele bus stop, Egbe Ikotun, Lagos
Also,the National University Commission added that eight universities are currently under probe for running unaccredited degree programs.
The eight universities are:
1) National Universities of Nigeria, Keffi , Nassarawa State.
2) North Central University, Otukpo, Benue state.
3) Christ Alive Christian Seminary and University.
4) Richmond Open University, Arochukwu, Abia state.
5) West Coast University, Umuahia.
6) Saint Clements University, Iyin Ekiti, Ekiti state.
7) Volta University College, Aba, Abia state.
8) Illegal Satellite Campuses of Ambrose Alli University.
In the meantime, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Thursday opened the Beskyd railway tunnel connecting Ukraine and the European Union (EU) countries.
“This project makes Ukraine closer to the EU and the EU closer to Ukraine,’’ Poroshenko wrote on Facebook after inaugurating the tunnel.
The tunnel in the Carpathian Mountains, which establishes a transport corridor between Ukraine’s western city of Lviv and the Hungarian and Slovak borders, would support the development of the Ukrainian economy, Poroshenko said.
The 1,765-meter-long facility, which has replaced the old single-track tunnel, is set to enhance Ukraine’s transit capacity and cross-border trade.
The construction of the tunnel worth about 120 million U.S. dollars was jointly funded by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the European Investment Bank and Ukraine’s State Railway Company.
The tunnel is the section of the fifth Pan-European transport corridor, which passes through the territories of Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Slovakia and Ukraine.
Earlier, Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister Gennady Zubko said that the Beskyd tunnel has the potential to become an important link on a modern Silk Road, boosting trade and cooperation between Asia and Europe.
Additional report from Huhuonline