Health and Safety

Security forces rescue 103 kidnapped in Katsina, as troops rescue 3 in Nasarawa

Security forces rescue 103 kidnapped in Katsina, as troops rescue 3 in Nasarawa
Written by Maritime First

…Leaving Nigerians wondering over the actual numbers in illegal custody***

Gov. Aminu Masari of Katsina State on Friday said that security forces have rescued 103 kidnapped victims, just troops of Operation Whirl Stroke rescued three kidnapped, leaving Nigerians to wonder how many are presently under illegal custody.

Masari made this known while addressing some of the rescued victims at the Government House, Katsina.

“This is in continuation of the exercise that started with the recovery of the 344 students of Government Science Secondary School, Kankara.

“We saw an opening and we are working with some stakeholders to make sure that we exploit the opening and bring back as many kidnapped victims as we can.

“We have so far returned 103 of the kidnapped victims and the process is still ongoing. We are doing this as quietly as we can, to make sure that nobody is harmed and further kidnapping is stopped.

“So, we are doing this with the army, the police, Air Force and the Department of State Security.

”I can assure you that no ransom was paid to the kidnappers,” he said.

Masari urged the victims to consider the incident as something from the Almighty Allah.

“You have seen how you were rescued. No ransom was paid. this should show that prayer is effective, be patient, may Allah reward you for the difficulties you have gone through,” he said.

Also read:  KADUNA: Troops rescue 9 kidnapped persons on Kaduna-Abuja highway

Some of the rescued victims were nursing mothers and girls aged from six to 16.

It was also observed that a 70-year-old man, as well as, a soldier and an Anti-Riot  Policeman were among those rescued.

In a related development, troops of Operation Whirl Stroke have rescued three kidnapped persons at Mararaba Udege in Nasarawa Local Government Area (LGA) of Nasarawa State.

The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, said in a statement on Friday that one bandit was neutralised in a cross fire during the operation which took place on Thursday.

Enenche said that the rescued persons had been reunited with their families.

 

About the author

Maritime First