Politics

Jangebe abduction will be the last – Buhari vows

 President Muhammadu Buhari has condoled with the Government and people of Nasarawa State over the brutal killing of the leaders of the Miyetti Allah in the state.
Written by Maritime First

… As Zamfara Chiefs Council consider Jangebe abduction, a calculated attempt to destabilise nation***

President Muhammadu Buhari has vowed that last Friday’s abduction of female students from Government Girls Science Secondary School, Jangebe, will be the last to happen.

The president’s statement was relayed on Sunday, through Minister of Aviation, Sen. Hadi Sirika, who led a high-powered federal government delegation to sympathize with the people and government of Zamfara.

He said new measures had been developed by the federal government which would bring complete end to all forms of criminality in the nation.

“The President is saddened by the abduction of the students from Jangebe and reassures you that the government has all the resources and wherewithal to contain these criminals.

“Buhari also commended Gov. Bello Matawalle of Zamfara’s efforts

against armed banditry and promised continued support to bring lasting peace.

“The federal government will continue its partnership with Zamfara government and its citizens in resolving the security challenges facing the state,” Buhari said.

In his response, Gov. Matawalle appreciated Buhari and the federal government’s concern, noting that very soon the abductees would regain their freedom.

“I strongly believe in the president and his effort in fighting all forms of insurgence and urge him to improve on the nation’s security.

”This is by ensuring synergy among the security agencies so that confrontations with criminals can be coordinated on ground and air simultaneously,” the governor said.

Also read:  Abduction: Education suffers in North as Zamfara Govt closes all boarding schools

The other members of the delegation were the Minister of Police Affairs, Alhaji Maigari Dingyadi, Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management, Hajiya Sa’adiya Umar-Faruk and Minister of Women Affairs, Mrs. Pauline Tallen.

In the meantime, Zamfara Council of Chiefs has described last Friday’s abduction of over 300 female students from Government Girls Secondary School (GGSS), Jangabe as a calculated attempt to destabilise the nation.

Chairman of the council and Emir of Anka, Alhaji Attahiru Ahmad, stated this in Gusau on Sunday when he led members of the council to sympathise with Gov. Bello Matawalle and the people of the state over the incident.

“We are here to express our sympathy over the abduction of our children and as the representatives of the people, we are seriously disturbed by the development which we know is not your fault.

“What happened is a tragedy to the whole nation even though it is not the first, but fifth after what happened in Chibok, Dapchi, Kankara and Kagara of Borno, Yobe, Katsina and Niger.

“Your excellency should know that this is something ordained by God and so cannot be termed as a weakness as being speculated by detractors who are not happy with your successes,” the emir noted.

Responding, Gov. Matawalle, who thanked the delegation for the visit, said the state government’s peace and reconciliation team was working round the clock to secure the release of the victims soon.

The governor said his administration had discovered some mischief makers that were bent on truncating the peace initiative, and pledged to expose such people for the world to know them.

 

 

About the author

Maritime First