…As Fire guts 4 container shops in llorin***
The Ogun Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE) on Thursday confirmed the death of one person while one other sustained injury in an accident involving a Truck and Madza Bus at Aseese, on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
Mr Ojuoro Olushola, the Mowe-Ibafo Divisional Commander of TRACE, told the newsmen in Ota, Ogun, that accident occurred at about 8.10 a.m.
Olushola said the accident that involved a Mini Truck with registration number APP-312 XP and a Madza Bus marked KJA-670 XM was due to speeding and careless driving.
He said the Mazda bus rammed into the truck that was making a U-turn at Aseese, on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
“18 passengers were involved in the accident that led to the death of one person, while one other person sustained various degrees of injuries.
“The corpse of the victim has been handed over to the family members while the survivor is receiving treatment at Famobis Hospital,” he said.
Also read: Truck kills 4 female hawkers in Onitsha
He said the vehicles had been towed off the road through the assistance of officials of TRACE, Federal Road Safety Corps, Police and Army to ease the free flow of traffic in the area.
Ojuoro advised motorists to adhere strictly to all traffic rules and regulations as well as against speeding to avoid unnecessary loss of lives and property.
In the meantime, property including foodstuff and wines were destroyed in llorin, the Kwara capital, at the early hours of Thursday when four containers were gutted by fire.
The incident occurred at Ebun-Oluwa Shopping Complex, along Tanke Pipeline Road in llorin South Local Government Area of the state.
The newsmen gathered that the fire was noticed from one of the containers as a result of suspected electrical spark no sooner than electricity supply was restored in the area.
One of the affected containers was a restaurant, two are for selling foodstuff while the fourth one was used for selling various kinds of wines.
It took the personnel of the state Fire Service over an hour to put out the fire.
None of the owners of the four affected containers was able to salvage any belonging.
The state Director of Fire Service, Mr John Olumuyiwa, confirmed the incident to the newsmen, describing it as unfortunate.
He advised residents of the state to ensure that all electrical gadgets were switched off when not in use or there is no electricity to prevent fire outbreaks.